Hello fellow Elecraftsmen -

I finished aligning my K1-4 #2146 tonight and before I could get the speaker
wired up and the cabinet bolted together I had a nice QSO with N5PHT in Texas
for my maiden voyage QSO.

I AM IMPRESSED WITH THE RECEIVER!!!   I was worried that my daily use of my K2
would spoil me for any other radio.  The K1 is no slouch.

I can hardly wait to try it out on 40M under contest conditions.

One of the first database programs I ever saw on a home computer was called
WHATSIT?

It stood for WOW!  How'd All That Stuff Get In There?.

So my K1 has now been Christened "The Whatsit".

73 and hope to QNI the Elecraft Net one of these days.

Tom K2TA
Greenwood Lake, NY
K2/100/AT #1117
K1-4 #2146