Jim,

As with nearly all transmitters, it is a matter of heat. If you have adequate cooling on the left side of the K3, then the internal transverter will be capable of a very high duty cycle. If it is blocked and in a warm room, then the duty cycle will be significantly lower.

You might want to monitor the side panel temperature and run the unit into a dummy load and find out the heat profile for the duty cycle you expect to run in the ambient environment of your particular station. Vary the power output and/or cooling (a fan, for example) and see how that affects it.

73,

Lyle KK7P

I am going to be running FSK441 on 2M meteor scatter and wondering what the duty cycle is on the transverter in my K3. Getting ready to start searching for an amplifier.

73s Jim, W4ATK