I have almost identical symptoms - brief audio dropouts, sometimes
solitary, sometimes many and frequent, rendering the remote setup unusable.
However, I'm NOT using WiFi connectivity between the RRC and the router. My
RRC connects directly to my Cisco/Linksys EA4500 router with a short RJ45
cable. Are there other settings in the router that might provoke similar
symptoms? I should have ample bandwidth on my cable TV Internet connection
- typically 20-30 Mb down, 1-2 Mb up, 20-40 ms ping.

Any thoughts?

Thanks & 73,

/Rick N6XI

--