Hi Craig,

What you are describing is an antenna in the dipole class, an antenna
with two poles. Similar to an inverted vee rotated by 225 degrees. The
half wavelength for the sum of the two elements will determine the
resonant frequency. The total length will be near the classic 468/MHz =
length in feet.

The easy way is to make the antenna a little longer, measure the
resonant frequency with an antenna analyzer, then scale to the desired
frequency, for example, for 14.05 MHz.

468 / 14.05 = 33.3' make each element 1/2 of 33.3' plus about a foot, or
17.5' each. Using an antenna analyzer, measure the resonant frequency,
it should be close to 13.4 MHz. Divide the measured frequency by the
desired frequency, for example 13.4 / 14.05 = 0.954. Multiply the start
lengths by the ratio, 17.5 * 0.954 = 16.7' for each of the two lengths.

The above antenna will require a current mode Balun, for example the
Elecraft BL2.

Also, when modeling the gain pattern, it has about a 3 dB front to back
gain ratio. The front being the side with the horizontal wire.

I hope this helps,
John KN5L