Please forgive this off-topic post - I’m hoping some of your can provide some
info.
I’m about to take part in an International camp for Guides and Scouts in the
UK, we will have 7000+ participants from all over the world. My bit is try to
present emergency radio communications to groups that will visit our special
event station (GB4WGS) throughout the week - by the end of 5 days, we should
have been able to talk to all 7000!

I and a number of other amateurs want to get across to these youngster that
mobile phones etc. aren’t always the means of communicating and to explain how
valuable amateur radio is when you need it.

I’m looking for information about recent disasters attended and help my the
amateur radio community.

I thought there would be a lot of facts and photos for Haiti earthquake, Boxing
Day Tsunami and hurricane Katrina etc. on the Internet, but don’t seem to be
able to find much. Things like the number of operators who worked after the
disasters, how long for etc.

Anything you could send in the next couple of days would be of great help. Any
personal stories you’re willing for me to share etc?
If it involves a K3, even better.

Please don’t clutter the reflector with lots of mail - send direct to me
please. I’ll try to acknowledge everything, but if I get a lot (I hope I do),
it may take a couple of weeks before I can get back to you all.

TIA

73 de David, M0XDF (K3 #174, P3 #108)
--
Experience is that marvellous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again. -Franklin P. Jones