Thanks Daniel. It's been a long time since I've been on 40 meters.

Kevin
N8IQ/4

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Reynolds [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 2:34 PM
To: Kevin Shaw
Subject: RE: [Elecraft] KX1 receive problems?

40m during the daytime is going to be pretty much limited to within 500
miles
radius. In the late afternoon/early evening, it starts to go long - at least
1000 miles ... even further as the night progresses. Sometimes the band gets
so
long at night that it almost sounds dead (when everyone is asleep) except
for
weak DX signals you might hear. The band starts to get short again as the
sun
rises over the horizon. The shortest the band gets is usually around 12-4 PM
in
the afternoon.

73,
Daniel AA0NI