I want to remote my KXPA to the base of my antenna in my RV.

My RV has a storage locker door 2 feed from the rear ladder and would be an
ideal place for the amp/tuner but the interface cable is causing some
problems.  The manual specifies Cat 6 cables that are STP (shielded); max.
25 feet. My search for a cable locally has failed. Without a trusted source
on line I hesitate to pay something in the neighbourhood of $70 cdn for an
unknown  quality cable.

Has anyone tried unshielded cable?; Cat 5E cable?;or whatever!

Any wisdom on the subject would be appreciated.

Bill, VA3OL
Oro-Medonte Township, Ontario