Well...let's see if I can go three for three here before the year runs out.

Are there any K1 owners who are experiencing the following behavior of their
K1's?

If I use low impedance headphones I do not notice anything unusual.

If I use high impedance headphones and I turn down the AF gain all the way I
hear random bursts of noise.  Not quite a frying sound but a hissing hash that
lasts for a half second or so and disappears.  Another 10 or 15 or 25 seconds
goes by and I hear it again.   There is no fixed time between events and the
duration is random as well.

I'm wondering if the output amp chip is causing this and if it is "normal"?

Tom K2TA
K1 #2146