My K3 is S/N 642. I just looked as closely as I can at my age under good light, and detect no VFO B knob cracks. I did lose the AF/RF gain knobs and the ones below it, Elecraft replaced them immediately. I think tomorrow, when there's daylight, I'll check all the other knobs, but I really don't stress about them, if they break the E-folks will replace them.

I seem to remember some traffic some time ago that they got a bad batch from a vendor. After the military, I supported my family as an engineer, and I do know how difficult QC is when you have multiple vendors. Initially, Henry Ford not only made all the automobiles, he also made all the parts. That didn't last long in a capitalist economy. :-)

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org