"You're both right," he mused, studying his own schematic (and inexplicably
referring to himself in the third person).

The KNB3 *is* downstream of the pick-off point for the P3. But in the presence
of very strong signals and with the KNB3 set to a long gate time, some of the
gating artifacts could in theory back-propagate to the pick-off point,
affecting the P3. Normally this effect would be highly suppressed because of
the low impedance of the driving stage (the mixer post-amp).

Wayne
N6KR