Thanks Gerry, but I'm not the one looking for a case. I was offering
suggestions for an OM named Jim, who I believe is looking for a transportable
protective case for his KX3 & accessories. Aren't Rose's "cases" essentially
just a dust cover, bearing an embroidered call sign or such if desired, for
stationary units in a shack?

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On Aug 19, 2014, at 5:03 AM, Gerry leary <gerrylear...@icloud.com> wrote:

> Check out Roses custom cases.
>
> Sent from my iPhone this time
>
>> On Aug 18, 2014, at 7:21 PM, Dennis Griffin <eagleeyeden...@gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>> LowePro does have a very good bag finder guide on their website, and the
>> BestBuy in my area carries quite a few of their bags, if you don't have a
>> larger camera shop in your area. I have used many of their products for a
>> few decades and it's all holding up well. REI also has some of their bags,
>> as well as some photog type bags from MountainSmith.
>>
>> Seeing a few comments about them, I ordered a StrobeStuff bag from
>> ThinkTank, but returned it. I felt it is far bulkier than need be and
>> doesn't offer protection for much beyond light bumps or scrapes, and I found
>> it clumsy to get a KX3 into it, even w/o heatsink, SideKX's or Lexan cover,
>> because of the center opening zipper. Might have been easier with a Lexan
>> cover installed, preventing it from trying to hang up on the zipper. A snug
>> fitting Polarfleece type stuff bag or something like a thick sock would
>> offer about as much protection with minimal additional bulk, if one were
>> going to carry it packed away in a backpack, for example. For carrying just
>> the KX3 and a few accessories, on a bicycle, motorcycle or in the trunk of a
>> vehicle, something like the Pelican 1200 or a well padded photog type case
>> or pack is probably the best insurance. I've taken expensive camera & radio
>> gear off road on the back of a dual sport motorcycle in Pelican 1200, 1300 &
>> 1400 cases with no co
 nce