My k3 flashes a higher swr indication with ssb voice peaks than with a steady
carrier.

If using an antenna with 1:1 SWR the bar graph flashes the first segment.  If
swr is 1.5:1
all the segments illuminate on voice peaks, as if swr was greater than 3:1.  To
reduce the
uncertainty introduced by my antennas,  I connected a 50 ohm load after an
external tuner
so I could create the 1.5:1 SWR, and got the same results.

I assume this is a benign problem and likely caused by the non simultaneous
sampling
of FWD and REV power by the CPU.

However, if no one else sees this I'll do some more checking.

FW 4.81/2.83 and TX Gain Cal done recently.

Mark. N2QT