"I prefer an inverted
V over a vertical but in 5H3 deep in the bush filming wildlife on a TV
contract I didn't always have trees at hand!"

Hm...where has creativity gone to? Use to giraffes as I did!

:)

The Drake equation is:
N = R(200 billion) x Fp x Ne x Fl x Fi x Fc x L
where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which radio-communication
might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
and

R* = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star
that has planets
fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life
at some point
fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop
intelligent life (civilizations)
fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases
detectable signs of their existence into space
L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals
into space before going extinct.

        In the Orion "spur" of the Perseus arm of the galaxy known as the Milky
Way...Earth is located.

The universe will last about another 100 trillion years.