If I’m right it seems that S meter ABS mode hasn’t yet been implemented in
the KX3. The SMTR MD menu item shows TBD when I try to change it from NOR. I
use ABS all the time on my K3 so when using the KX3 it throws me when 50
microvolts at the antenna doesn’t show as S9 on the odd occasions when I use
the 10 or 30db preamps. Perhaps it’s on Wayne’s list - near the top I would
hope?

It’s a feature that’s a great help in giving consistent and meaningful
signal reports and another one that I believe is unique to Elecraft.

73 to all

Geoff
G3UCK