Thanks, Don
I'm getting more or less the same as you except for the RF out on U5 pin 4.
I'm seeing the BFO of about 400mV pp with no AF, and then going up to 800mV
pp when I whistle into the Mic.

Doh!

I thought I had the carrier balance right, but obviously not. Switching on
the SSBA=BAL shows a bif signal on U5 pin 4. I've adjusted that down to
almost zero on the 'scope, but I'm still not getting much RF out.
73,
Gareth, M5KVK