Hi guys:

Last year, I had wonderful success controlling my "big station" (K3,
KPA500,KAT500) on Maryland's Eastern Shore from our winter home in Key West.
When I took the setup down last May, I carefully documented every step required
to set things back up.

Well, I have just gone through that process, and I can't get it to work --- at
least not from within my own LAN and from another home LAN using a downstream
router.

I can turn on the K3 from the K3/0 mini, and I can hear the audio from the K3
but I cannot control the K3. Also, the freq. readout on the mini does not
correspond to the K3 and does not change with movement of the mini vfo dial.
The mini cannot turn off the K3.  The mini also comes up with "TERM" showing,
which I don't remember from the last time I did this. (I can clear that by
holding down the "CONFIG" button for 3 seconds.).

I am pretty sure this has to do with the configuration of the control end
RemoteRig.  I have had problems in the past getting things to work from within
my own home --- whether same LAN or a downstream LAN.  Problem is, I don't want
to get to Key West and discover it doesn't work.

Can anyone suggest things for me to try?

Tnx.  73,

Brian W3BW

Brian F. Wruble, C.F.A.