Hello Ted,

When I need to be on zero beat within one Hz, I always switch on the spot on the K3 and set the received signal to the same volume. Once I hear the combination of both increase and decrease slowly, I know that I am within a Hz. It's also the way I calibrate the K3 against a standard like WWV or the russian station on 9.996 / 14.996 (forgot the callsign).

73
Arie PA3A