A few months ago I was working on a Visual Basic program to control my K3.  2
days ago when I went back to do some coding,  I had a problem where, when I
opened the Comm port,  the K3 would transmit.  I tried sending the RX
software command to the K3 but it didn't help. It was stuck in transmit! I'm
not sure what happened but after I explored VB6 MSComm Event,  I found that
my code didn't initialize the RTS line.     RTSEnable is a VB6 comm control
that can toggle the RS232, RTS line low or high.  The K3 detects the signal
from the RS232 port and immediately places it in transmit mode. I added a
line of code and the problem was solved.

There's also an annoying problem that in valves the comm port.  Every time
in turn on my PC, during boot-up, the K3 momentarily transmits.   Is there a
way to prevent that or every time I turn on the PC, do I have to turn off
the K3?

-----
Jack WA9FVP

Sent from my TRS-80 :-)