A few people say that 1.5-2.5V is provided for the microphone. This makes
since, because they need to sense the button presses, too.

Most people are trying to put other headsets on iPhones or Macs, but the info
may be useful.

http://www.zerologic.com/Blog/iPhone-Headphone-plug-pinouts.html
http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/38452/electronic-aspects-of-iphone-3-5mm-audio-output
https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Apple+EarPods+Teardown/10501

wunder
K6WRU
CM87wj
http://observer.wunderwood.org/

On Oct 15, 2014, at 8:30 AM, Phil Hystad <phys...@mac.com> wrote:

> The only kinds of splitters I have found are actually combiners:  separate
> mic and headphones connections to plug into an iPhone.
>
> 73, phil, K7PEH
>

> On Oct 15, 2014, at 7:59 AM, Dave Van Wallaghen <w8...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I would think you are right also.
>>
>> I apologize for the lack of correct terminology. I was in the middle of my
>> first cup of coffee ;-)
>>
>> I meant the "plug" on your earbuds - not jack. I have the version that
>> splits the jack signals on my tablet. You would need the opposite version I
>> use. I bought a couple for spares - they were only a few bucks if I remember
>> correctly. I'm sure it will work fine and sounds like a nice compact setup.
>>
>> Take care & 73,
>> Dave W8FGU
>>

>> On 10/15/2014 10:47:23 AM, "Phil Hystad" <phys...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dave,
>>>
>>> Thanks. Just when your message popped in I was actually looking for
>>> splitters. Found a Griffin MicConnect interface but that is not what I