Hi,

I have been playing around with the "dBV-Feature" of my KX3 for some time. I
understood how to use it and that it measures a relative input level into
the AF stage of the KX3, but my question is if there is any kind of "data
processing" involved, in other words: the display is updated roughly once in
a second, and my question is if is the input level to the AF stage just
being sampled once a second, is the value being displayed something like the
peak level that occured during this one second interval between two updates
of the value or is something like the average of the signal level during
this second being displayed?

We have been discussing the "system advantage" of CW compared to SSB in the
german QRP facebook group, I tried to measure my personal ability to copy
weak SSB and CW signals by using this dBV display, but am not sure, if I can
compare the values directly, since I do not know how the data is being
generated and processed. Maybe someone on the list or at Elecraft can help
me out.

Vy 73

Ralf, DL6OAP