On 10/23/2014 12:46 PM, Edward R Cole wrote:

Having been a technical writer for the aerospace industry (electronics),
this is very close subject.  Its a challenge to use font and emphasis
when one wants certain text to stand out and be noticed
Warning! Aux Ant

I hope the reflector will show the increased font size and color.

Didn't for me in T-Bird

I just had a eyesight test for new glasses and was told of early onset
of macular degeneration (age 70) which was not welcome news, as I still
like doing surface-mount construction.  So I am sympathetic to your
vision issues.

Sorry to hear that, Ed.

So far I have not had trouble reading the screen for either the K3 or
KX3, but as complex as these radios are, one should suspect "pilot
error" before suspecting failure of the radio or station hardware.

I have no color vision [answering the question, "What colors can you see?" before it is asked, "I can see all of them. I just can't name them."], so I'm a bit sensitive to documents and presentations that try to convey a lot of information in color with no other distinction.

If I had gotten to choose the K3 display, I'd have chosen black on white [more contrast] like my Kindle Fire, but I can see the black on orange OK. After my embarrassment with Wayne on the phone, I ALWAYS assume pilot error until I've gone through every icon on the display. If someone has a concise chart of what is "remembered" where, I'd buy a copy and laminate it for the desk.

Incidentally, for any color-challenged folks out there with a P3, Alan put a monochrome waterfall option in not long after I got mine and whined on this list about not being able to see weak signals. A couple of my friends who *can* name colors use it now.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2015 Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org