On 10/25/14 at 1:27 PM, k...@comcast.net (Jan) wrote:

*Received the PX3 on the 9th ~ assembly was straight forward with a little
assistance from tech-support**. OOPS, I placed the bezel on the wrong-side
of the front panel = end-plate doesn't  fit well that way. :-)

I did that too. After I had corrected the error and finished assembly, I then down loaded the manual errata sheet which had warnings not to install the bezel on the inside. :-)

Note that the errata sheet is dated October 17, 2014 which is about the time my PX3 shipped.

The PX3 is up and running now, but the serial number, 555, makes me think I have a timer chip HIHI.

I join Jim Brown in wanting fixed track mode. It is a lot harder to tune to a signal on the waterfall on the PX3 than it is on the P3 in fixed track, since you can't see where you are in the waterfall as you tune. If the waterfall panned as you tune, it might be easier. Marker A is the best way I have found, but it adds an extra step of complexity in tuning.

On the P3, I have it set up so when I switch to a WARC band (or 160 meters), I have the whole band displayed on the waterfall. It is nice to have "band at a glance" information about signals a few seconds after switching.

73 Bill AE6JV