Kev,

Those are the trimmer caps that are currently used. Yes, they are not ceramic, but they have good temperature compensation characteristics (better than the original ceramics).

Observe the flat side orientation when installing those capacitors so they can be properly adjusted when using a metallic adjustment tool. If you cannot discern the flat side on the silkscreen, look at the parts placement diagram in the back of the manual.

It is not essential that they be set to midpoint, you will be able to easily determine the proper tuning point when you come to the alignment procedure.

73,
Don W3FPR