Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions about ordering a KX3. Of
course I should have looked at the International frequency allocations before
asking about the 4 meter transverter. Duh...

I appreciate all the input. You confirmed most of my thoughts about what to put
into the complete KX3 station and what to leave out. As expected, the experts
on the list came through big time.

Of course since posting my question I've exchanged a few e-mails with my
colleague, W1ZR, and he has me thinking about a more basic K3, and adding some
of my wish list add-ons later. There are obvious reasons for both choices, so I
am evaluating with option works best for me. Decisions, decisions.

73,

Larry Wolfgang, WR1B