Hi,

I am dreading having to re-build my K2 daisy chained cables as I
re-configure my shack and add some new equipment. Soldering multiple wires
into a DB9 connector has never been easy for me even thought I've been
doing it since the 80's.

So, I was thinking about building a little box that everything would plug
into; a sort of K2 star network. Each K2 or accessory would have a straight
cable that plugs into the box and there would be just enough circuitry to
distribute the signals to the right connector.  So, the daisy-chaining
would be handled internally instead of at each DB9 connector.

Has anyone done this? Good idea? Bad idea? Things to watch out for?

73, Byron N6NUL
--
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015