Cable the output (Speakers/Line Out, etc) of a soundcard (normally the green
jack) to the Line In on the back of the K3. Select that sound card in
Settings->Sound card in my software.  In the "Main Menu" of the K3 select
"On" for the "Mic+Line" selection. If you need to adjust the Line In level
on the K3, you have to temporally select Line In for the microphone and set
the level.

Select "Settings->Settings" from the Main form of the software.
1) Select the Serial Port that the radio is connected to. Select "Elecraft"
in the Signal To dropdown.
2) Click the "Defaults" button. This will select the default serial port
parameters for the K3. You may need to change the baud rate if you have
changed the baud rate of the radio from 4800 (Config Menu in the K3 (RS232).
3)Select "Use Audio" for the Morse Code generation.

When you click the "Apply/Test" button in the settings dialog, the I'der
should key up the radio, and send out the ID, and unkey the radio. You may
need to adjust the audio level, with the Level controls in the Select Sound
card dialog and/or the Audio Level slider on the main dialog.

73
Roger
W8RJ
http://www.romacsoftware.com