My K3 clock loses about 9 seconds per day. This is not quite as bad as Arlen's
clock, but it is still annoying. I run quite a few skeds and nets and I like to
be spot on time.

Dear Wayne, are you listening? We need your help to write a little routine that
goes like this:-
When the K3 powers up, it reads an eeprom location which stores the last
turn-on time. It calculates how long ago that was from the present time. It
reads the correction factor in tenths of seconds per 24 hours from another
eeprom location. It calculates the correction required in tenths of a second
and updates the clock accordingly. It stores the tenths of seconds remainder in
another location ready to be taken into account in the next calculation.
Finally it updates the last turn-on time. Of course you will realize that an
extra menu item will also be needed, so users can enter their clock correction
factor. A single byte can store a correction factor from -12.7 to +12.7 seconds
per 24 hours.
With this software addition, the K3 will become a superb chronometer. Perhaps
once a year the user will need to tweak the correction factor to allow for
crystal aging in the real-time clock.

73 Roger, VK4YB