Hi everybody,

I'm just putting together my KX3 kit. While mounting the RF board Rev D to the
bottom cover I zipped off one of the M-F standoffs using rather little force.
As I usually have a good feeling which force may be used on these standoffs I
started investigating things a bit.

After removing the RF board I callipered the remaining gap after fully
screwing in the M-F standoff into the round standoff at the bottom cover. The
gap is 1.9 mm / 0.075 in. The RF board PCB has a thickness of 1.7 mm / 0.066
in. The lock washer was in place when measuring the gap (see photo). The pan
head screw at the bottom cover has a length of 4.8 mm / 0.0177 in which
matches the numbers in the instruction manual.

Obviously it is not possible to securely mount the PCB to the bottom cover
with the above dimensions. In my understanding those screw points are being
used as grounding points so there should be a reliable electrical connection
as well.

Did anybody here also experience this issue? How did You solve this?

I could use two split lock washers between PCB an M-F standoff, but this would
change the distance between RF board and KXAT3 board and front panel.

Or do I just have bad luck with tolerances?

Any idea or hints are highly appreciated.

VY 73

Marcus, DL1EKC

PS: In case attachments are not allowed, go to
http://www.dl1ekc.de/FTP%20Download/P1080449_640.jpg