From: Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: Reflector Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] 240V Line

Installing a 240V outlet is not a big deal unless the construction of
your home makes it difficult to run the cable. Barring that, a competent
electrician should be able to do that in a half day; a difficult run
could double the work. All that is required is a pair plus a Green wire.
If you also want 120V outlets from the same circuit, you'll need another
conductor for the neutral.

A single 20A 120/240V circuit will run all the ham gear in most
stations, even for SO2R. If you're smart, you'll use #10 copper, 20A
outlets, and a 20A breaker. While #10 is rated for 30A, our stations
don't need 30A, but the bigger copper will reduce the voltage drop.

There are MAJOR advantages to running all the gear in our stations from
outlets that share the same Green wire, or outlets whose Green wires are
bonded together. See http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

73, Jim K9YC

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com