The USPS may no longer sell them, but as members of the UPU they are required to accept them. Of course that means trying to convince your local Postal Clerk !!

As for buying them, they are available on the secondary market, from DX stations
and QSL mangers quite frequently and much cheaper.

Just in the last week I have seen two adds on the eHam swap page.

73 es HH, Dick, W1KSZ