If this is a duplicate, I appologize, but I posted it 18 hours ago and it hasn't appeared. Is there some delay built into this relector??

Good afternoon,

Now that I have your attention, I don't really think that my K2 is
haunted, but it does seem to want to tune itself.

As I tune the knob up and down the bands and come to the frequency that
I want to listen or transmit on, I stop turning the knob and I take my
hand off.  The knob is fully stopped when I do this.  As I watch the
readout after taking my hand off, the frequency starts to change slowly,
sometimes adding (or subtracting) as much as 80 hz to the frequency at
which I stopped the knob.  The knob is actually turning by itself.  It
may go either direction and seems not to be correlated to whichever
direction of rotation I was using when I stopped turning.

I have been using the K2 regularly on the HF bands only for the past few
weeks. Since building the unit last spring, I have used it mainly as an
IF rig on the microwave bands.  Until the last day or two, I haven't
noticed the "self tuning" feature.

Perhaps this phenominom has been previously noted and a fix found.  I
cheerfully admit that I haven't done any research in the Elecraft Archives.

So....what say ye about this?

Dave, K4TO