Hi Tony,

I found 3 immediate advantages with an external monitor. The first of course
was relief for my old eyes.

Next, on the P3 I preferred a span width of 10KHz on CW and RTTY and 50KHz
on SSB. On the external monitor I was able to jump to 20KHz and 100KHz.

The third benefit was the larger waterfall height. During contests it is
extremely easy to tune where somebody was just transmitting. Great for
search and pounce operating. With the taller waterfall signals stay on the
screen for probably close to a minute (I never measured it).

CW, RTTY, and PSK decoding can also be left on full time at the bottom of
the screen if desired.

73,
Mike K2MK

Hi Ted,
Already have two monitors. Just ordered a 27" to replace the 19". I will use
dual inputs -HDMI from the workstation and sub-D from the P3. Will switch
video inputs to play with the P3 SVGA. I want to see if I would really use
an external video to the P3 before I come up with another option such as a
smaller dedicated monitor for the P3.
Want to see if it really buys me anything over just using the P3 as I
presently use it.

73 & HNY!
N2TK, Tony