Texas is a favorite destination for snow birds, and has all the attributes you
listed, weather, licensing, language, open border even for Californians,
currency exchange, mostly friendly natives, 120 VAC, and compared to CA pretty
cheap.  I filled up yesterday at a Costco for $1.849, and today saw a sign on
the way to Austin for $1.679.  Quite a few true blue DXers around, too.

73 W6OGC Jim Allen

Sent from my iPad