I would not give-up totally on SSB at QRP power levels.

I received a QSL card on Saturday for a QRP contact with RI44ANT in the South
Shetlands.

3 watts SSB from Pennsylvania to Antarctica for a 5X7 using my KX3 -- not bad
if you ask me.

I have made many QRP contacts on SSB to Europe, Australia and the US with as
little as 500 milliWatts.

Re: [Elecraft] Getting Started with QRP and the Elecraft KX3
Bill Frantz Sun, 04 Jan 2015 21:52:23 -0800