Sending /QRP does not seem to be a problem for casual operation. But DO NOT
use /QRP in contests or DX pileups.

>From long experience in contests trying to copy weak stations from a big
multi, sending /QRP in contests or DX pileups can be THE reason why you do
NOT make a contact. When a station is struggling to get your call out of
the noise (quite common given your power level), ANY characters other than
the bare call sign are a confusion.

I long ago lost count of the number of times that trying to work a station
sending /QRP, all I copied for sure was the /QRP. With QSB on signals and
maybe only a second or two of peak signal on the up part of QSB barely
clearing the noise, the /QRP wastes the possible peak signal time for half
the call sign.

Remember that when you are QRP in a contest, you are depending on the OTHER
station to complete the contact.  The completed QSO is hardly credit to you
at all, it's a credit to his receiving skills and RX setup. He already
knows you are weak, so you don't have to tell him you are weak with /QRP.
He doesn't care WHY you are weak, he just wants to work you. Do everything
you can to assist him.

In the later stages of a contest, when you are more likely to have clear
shots at running stations, high scoring stations have already worked all
the low hanging fruit, the loud and medium stations, and will gladly work
any QRP entrant, it's a contest after all. If he can manage to get your
call out of the noise and the competition cannot, that improves his chances
of beating his competition.

However if he continues to try and copy you without results for any
extended period, then your sending period will sound like a vacant
frequency to others and the station trying to get your call risks losing
his run frequency.

DO NOT use /QRP in contests or DX pileups.

I am not against QRP. I enjoy my battery K2/10, and have done 160 contests
QRP, LP and QRO. In QRP, crisp, sharp operating is magnified in a contest,
to everyone's benefit.

73, Guy K2AV