My experience for what it's worth.

Took K3 to New Caledonia stopping in Dallas,
Brisbaine and Sydney.  In Boston where the
trip originated one person wanted to "see" the
radio but could not get it out of Rose's padded
case so it was not examined.

New Caledonia back to Australia not one seemed
to care.

Flights back from Broome through Perth Sydney
and to Dallas no one cared.  In Dallas (probably
because I had very little time to catch the connecting
flight to Boston) I had to show the radio so it could
be checked for explosives.

Had brought a portable battery sufficient to power the
radio up only.  Never asked.

Had copies of my US license and permission to operate
in New Caledonia and Australia.  No one even asked.

Botton line, I suppose, is be prepared to provide whatever
the regulations indicate but my experience is that no one
really seemed to care.

Just my experience and hope yours is just as smooth.

Best,
Bob (KD1CT)