Hi Barry,

While your experience suggests that a transistor switch will probably save
the day I also wonder if the problem is the result of the absence or
presence of a pull-up resistor or perhaps a floating common connection
between the rig and amp. Maybe a resistor in the plug would help. I suppose
there is some way to check this out.

73,
Mike K2MK

Barry Simpson wrote