Dave :

I have an AlexLoop on its way from Brazil via Express Mail.  You can also order
them from W4RT or GigaParts, both are
US dealers for Alex Loop.

I finally decided to order one because I wanted an antenna that is
ultra-portable, deploys quickly (5 minutes) and travels easily without
taking up too much space in luggage when travelling by air. If you want to see
one in action go to YouTube and search
on AlexLoop and you will find a number of videos.

Generally speaking this antenna works extremely well from 20m to 10m and on 30m
and 40m it is a bit of a compromise.
Apparently Alex is now working on an add-on that allows for remote tuning of
the loop. At the moment it is manual tune only.

BTW I also have a MFJ-1786 (30m to 10m) at home and it works very well and has
a control box that allows for remote tuning.
You might want to look at the MFJ if you intend to put up the loop as a
permanent installation as it might be more convenient.
The performance of the MFJ is somewhat better than the AlexLoop as it uses a
fairly large (> 1 inch) diameter aluminum tube that is
welded to the butterfly capacitor.

Cheers

Michael VE3WMB - ( K1/KX1/K2 )