On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 7:19 PM, Lynn W. Taylor, WB6UUT <
k...@coldrockshotbrooms.com> wrote:

> Does Radio Shack even sell parts anymore?
>
> The ones around here do, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm gonna miss
them. Even though we have Gateway Electronics, a truly fabulous source for
all kinds of electronic junk, the Shack bailed me out many times.
Micro-switches, de-soldering gadgets (theirs were the best!), a variety of
ICs and sockets, and lots of miscellaneous stuff. And cables, cables of
every kind. Stereo plug on one end, RCA plugs on the other? No problem. All
sorts of strange mix-n-match cables. And just low-turnover, low-margin,
oddball junk that only a ham stuck in the middle of a homebrew project
might buy, once a year or maybe twice. No way they could stay in business
with that stuff, but still.....

73, Tony KT0NY