Yes CW skimmer works great. One caveat though with listening on vfo b. Many
people use the built in decoding of cw on the k3 or use software such as cwget
to assist them. This only works on the main receiver so you lose that
functionality.
Two things would be great here. One, having decoding built into the k3
subreceiver.  That would fix this when you use it like you do. Second, cw
skimmer should have an option to qsy on vfo b as well.
Tom
va2fsq.com