Got the CONFIG: SYNC DT off finally...Thanks so much. RX Signal levels on RTTY are S9+..still gibberish decode over the Remote system?

-----Original Message----- From: Wayne Burdick
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2015 2:43 PM
To: Larry - K1UO
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3/0 and RTTY

Both RTTY and CW decode should work remotely. Use a narrow filter passband tune the signal in carefully using the CWT meter scale (pgs. 33 and 34 of the owner's manual). Decode accuracy is affected by noise, fading, and interference, but should work as long as the signal is correctly tuned in and has a high enough S/N ratio. CW decode is more difficult in the presence of noise and sloppy timing.

If you see the "-S" icon on the LCD, you are in "sync-data" mode, which is typically used for AMTOR or PACTOR (pg. 32). These modes require faster turn-around times, which the K3 facilitates by not switching crystal filters between transmit and receive.

The only way to get the K3 into sync-data mode is to assign the CONFIG:SYNC DT menu entry to a programmable function switch. You may have done this accidentally. To get it back out of this mode, temporarily assign this menu entry to a programmable switch, exit the menu, then press that switch. This should turn off the -S.

73,
Wayne
N6KR