From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Fred
Jensen
Sent: Sunday, February 8, 2015 6:45 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Too many tuning knobs

I don't have the KRX3 either, I'm not really sure what I'd do with it.
I watch the pile on the P3.  Ordinarily, on something not as popular as
Navassa, when the DX answers, the pile dies quickly, and then one [OK, maybe
two] signals pop up.  I park VFO B next to him and call next.
Sometimes it's like fishing with dynamite.  It does help to know if the DX
op is right or left-handed to choose which side of the station to park on.
:-)

K1N is quite a bit different.  When they acknowledge a station, a lot more
than one or two signals pop up and it takes me awhile to identify who the
real QSO is.  I've found that the one that goes away exactly when K1N sends
"TU" seems to be the best indicator.  I've never had much luck actually
listening on my TX QRG, but I'm going to try it, I didn't know that REV
switched the knobs.

The other day, it appeared that the entire pile ... every station ...
was a W4 because when he sent "W4", the whole pile came back.  DX'ing is
frantic, but not as frantic as the NA Sprint.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org

delivered to jlangd...@austin.rr.com