Ed,

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. The most probable controls to wear out are the AF gain and the RF gain, and if you use it a lot, the RIT control. Wait until they get scratchy and then replace.

Rather than trying for a temporary fix with DeOxit or other compounds, I suggest you simply replace the controls that are bad. What usually happens is that the carbon trace that the wiper runs on becomes pitted with use, and for that there is no good cure other than replacement. Besides, the pots used are rather tightly sealed, and I don't think you could get any spray inside where it would do any good. Unlike the old unsealed pots of yesteryear.

Elecraft has replacement parts - I buy parts from them often, but then I repair a lot of Elecraft gear - one or two each day is not unusual for me.

73,
Don W3FPR