IMHO, there are only two kinds of Powerpoles,
those that have already fallen out and those
that are going to fall out soon.

I have had the PowerPoles on my K3 become partially unmated and causing
intermittent operation while messing around with the cables behind the rig.
Retention force is only one problem with the Red/Black PowerPole pairs; their
aspect ratio (~2:1) along with the flex in the housings gives a significant
unmating force when rocked side to side.  I encourage all to use the
ultrasonic-welded housing pairs.  This holds their alignment with out the
roll-pin, and allows for the use of one of the locking devices sold to help the
unmating issue:

http://www.powerwerx.com/powerpole-accessories/powerpole-retention-clips.html

Tying the clip back to one of the PowerPoles with  heavy-gauge thread or dental
floss as one reviewer suggests is also a great idea to keep from losing the
device.

Of course, using a retainer with a rig with flush-mounted PowerPoles is not
possible, this is something manufacturers should consider when designing the
panel/PCB layout.  If Elecraft had extended the PowerPoles on the K3 out from the
case another 1/16" then a retainer could be used (hint hint)!

Cheers!

Howie - WA4PSC