I have to admit. I hate those 2.1mm DC connectors. Most are really not designed for current over 1-amp, though there are expectgions. I wish the KX3 had Powerpoles on it instead! I have Powerpoles all over my ham shack and work bench, and have had no problems. Rather than used those roll-pins, I use a dab of super-glue to hold the connectors together.

Phil - AD5X

"I note we don't see complaints about coaxial power connectors "pulling out". As for numbers, there are far more of these in use in our electronic environment, and they will pull out far easier that a set of APP's. I have ... by actual count ... almost 50 pairs of APP's in my shack. Once, to test the validity of the complaints, I deliberately slid my K3 on the Masonite desktop using the power cable. Have never had one "come apart". BTW, I -do- use the roll pins that hold the pairs together. 73! Ken - K0PP"