I also agree. No need to bring attention to anything unless SPLIT is expected. If SPLIT is expected but not displayed, it's easy to see that something is not the way it is wanted.

As someone with low-vision, it is easier to interpret a displayed message for special ops than it is to have to look, read, and interpret a message every time I key the transmitter.

I also feel that "optionally" flashing the transmit frequency a few times without the SPLIT display would do the same thing as replacing the frequency display with SPLIT. Displaying SPLIT may cause confusion when RIT or XIT is used. Flashing the frequency would bring attention to any change of frequency resulting from SPLIT, RIT, OR XIT.

Some have asked for "Quick Split". is there any parameter that could not be saved in a memory. You could wander off to any mode or frequency and simply recall the memory, sometimes with as little as a double tap of M>V. No macro or PF button would be needed, just a memory slot.

73,

Dwayne WV5I