Ian,

Except for your posting, most guys really missed half the need. Getting it into split if the first half; knowing it is in split is the other part. It's too darn easy to not get into split because it takes three correct taps/press combos to get you there. For me the success rate is under 50%. Fortunately, I've gotten around this (why should I have to) via external means.

A single button SPLIT is absolutely a solution to many of the transmitting on the DX frequency occurrences.. Putting it as an option as you suggest is a good compromise between the way it is now (why??) and something really needed by the majority.

Why should there be any resistance to this common sense suggestion?

73 de Brian/K3KO