Has anyone read the regulations that they kept hidden? Do we really know what is in them?

I am not a big fan of the gov't sticking their fingers into everything. I have no more trust in them handling this any better than everything else the touch, regulate, control, etc.

I am quite skeptical of the reasons behind this less than transparent change.

Mike W0MU

On 2015-02-26 8:57 PM, Tony Estep wrote:
Unfortunately, so-called "neutrality" means that one company,
Netflix, can corner it without paying for it. Netflix accounts for
up to 35% of internet traffic, and is really the one and only
beneficiary of this ruling. Everybody else is subsidizing them.

Netflix and other information providers play plenty to enter the
data on the web.  Verizon, AT&T, Comcast, Time Warner, etc. have
no business holding the end users for ransom when it comes to
receiving that data and/or determining what data the user may
access.  At least they are being told they can't do with broadband
what they (the cable companies) have done to niche players in the
video arena for decades (pay for play).

Not only should the consumer access providers be treated like
common carriers, they should be treated like public utilities they are
and be required to provide equivalent service levels at the same price
to all customers whether they live in the metropolitan core or some-
where west of Last Gasp.  Cable companies have forever "creamed" their
franchise areas, shaking down developers for the cost of wiring new
projects and/or demanding CC&Rs that limit access to competing service,
and wiring high density housing while bypassing older areas with one
home per one, five or ten acres even when both are encompassed by the
same franchise territory.

Perhaps this will start to put an end to one of the poorest performing
and most variable user access systems in the world.  When it comes to
data rates and cost the US isn't even in the top tier.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV

Message delivered to w...@w0mu.com