Mine is set to the default, 5.0.
FWIW, the microcode is version 05.10
D1 is 02.83
D2 is 00.00 only one receiver
FL is 01.17
dr is 00.00 no DVR

When I checked the versions, the utility found newer software. I tried hitting the repeater with microcode 05.14 and FL 1.19, but it still fails. There is still that raspy note when listening to the K3 transmit frequency. The frequency is higher than my 600 Hz CW tone. (Note that I am running the KX3 without an antenna and it is showing about S7 signal strength.)

73 Bill AE6JV