Yeah it is an oxy moron sometimes... operate off grid using a battery and you get noise (this will be the internal LiION battery recharging/regulation circuitry causing it).

Have you tried adding ferrite to the DC leads (and weirdly to the headset leads, I need to if using ext battery sometimes). You could make up a simple choke and plug your rig power lead into that, doesn't need to be in a box or anything... leads from battery then 12 turns of the power leads or so in opposite directions in parallel on the ferrite (try FT240-61) to a set of connections to the rig. Or a string of those little 5mm ID clip on ferrites (ebay) on the Elecraft lead.

72

Dom
M1KTA
Owner of #1082 & #2334